All applications must be submitted and application files completed by August 10 for students to be considered to begin the new school year on the first day. International students, seeking an I-20 Visa, must submit a complete application by June 30 to be considered to begin the new school year on the first day. Any applications submitted after these dates will be processed and students may be accepted to begin school after the first day of the new school year. The first day of school is the last Monday in August each year.
Saint Leo the Great accepts applications from International Students applying for grades 6-8. (International students, please see read the International Student Additional Instructions (698) listed in the Application Form/Process menu)
A completed application includes copies of the listed documentation, required forms and records and a non-refundable application fee of $125.00 per child, payable to Saint Leo the Great Catholic School. Admission decisions are made once the file is complete with all supporting documents and forms.
- Completed application form
- Original birth certificate
- Baptismal certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of current immunization record (updated Virginia Health Physical must be submitted by the first day of school)
- Scholastic Information Form- This is to be submitted by the parents to current school and completed by child’s teacher, principal or school counselor, then forwarded to Saint Leo the Great Catholic School.
- Release of Student Records Form- This is to be submitted by the parents to current school (if transferring). The student’s records will then be forwarded to Saint Leo the Great Catholic School. (these forms can be found under the Application tab on the left menu)
Applications will be considered according to the following priority and in the order received:
- In-boundary parishioners with siblings already enrolled
- Out of parish with siblings already enrolled
- In-boundary parishioners (new applicants)
- Out of parish (new applicants)
- Other faiths
NOTE: In-parish families must be registered members of the parish to receive in-parish tuition rates. Parishioners are encouraged to support the church since the parish commits to a school subsidy. If maximum class size is not yet reached, children will be admitted in the following order:
- Catholic in-parish with siblings already enrolled/Catholic in-parish and Catholic nonparishioners with siblings already enrolled
- Catholic non-parishioners without a parish school
- Catholic non-parishioners with a parish school
- Students of other faiths who are siblings of students already enrolled
- Students of other faiths who are new applicants
Children must qualify for admission to Saint Leo the Great Catholic School by reason of academic ability, work characteristics, personal conduct, and moral character. Children who will have reached the age of five years by September 30th may be admitted to a kindergarten program.
As part of the admissions process, Kindergarten students who have been accepted must participate in a Kindergarten screening, which will take place in the spring. Parents will be notified of the specific date and time of the screening. If any significant concerns arise, a parent conference will be scheduled.
An interview and/or academic assessment may be required as part of the admissions process for transfer students in Grades 1 through 8. If required, the Admissions Office will call to set up a date for the interview and/or assessment.If you have any questions or wish to check on the status of your application, please call Mr. David DiPippa, Principal at 703-273-1211, extension 644.
~A National Blue Ribbon School~
3704 Old Lee Highway, Fairfax, Virginia 22030