APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR KINDERGARTEN THROUGH GRADE 8
A completed application includes copies of the listed documentation, required forms and records and a non-refundable application fee of $125.00 per child, payable to Saint Leo the Great Catholic School. Admission decisions are made once the file is complete with all supporting documents and forms.
- Completed application form
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of Baptismal certificate and other sacramental certificates (if applicable)
- Copy of current immunization record (updated Virginia Health Physical must be submitted by the first day of school)
- Scholastic Information Form- This is to be submitted by the parents to current school and completed by child’s teacher, principal or school counselor, then forwarded to Saint Leo the Great Catholic School.
- Release of Student Records Form– This is to be submitted by the parents to current school (if transferring). The student’s records will then be forwarded to Saint Leo the Great Catholic School. (these forms can be found under the Application tab on the left menu)
- Emergency Care Form
- Kindergarten Parent Observation Form
Children must qualify for admission to Saint Leo the Great Catholic School by reason of academic ability, work characteristics, personal conduct, and moral character. Children who will have reached the age of five years by September 30th may be admitted to a kindergarten program.
As part of the admissions process, Kindergarten students who have been accepted must participate in a Kindergarten screening, which will take place in the spring. Parents will be notified of the specific date and time of the screening. If any significant concerns arise, a parent conference will be scheduled.
An interview and/or academic assessment may be required as part of the admissions process for transfer students in Grades 1 through 8. If required, the Admissions Office will call to set up a date for the interview and/or assessment.If you have any questions or wish to check on the status of your application, please call Ms. Ava Prizzi, Assistant Principal at 703-273-1211, extension 645.
~A National Blue Ribbon School~
3704 Old Lee Highway, Fairfax, Virginia 22030