Little Lions Program
Saint Leo the Great Preschool provides a variety of class schedules for your 3 and 4 year old student. Please contact the Director at (703)273-1211 ext. 652, for more information.
- Part Time Class Schedule
- Morning session: 7:40-11:15
- Afternoon session: 11:15-2:50
- Full Time Class Schedule
* (children must be 3 years old by September 30th of the current year and fully potty trained)
** (children must be 4 years old by September 30th of the current year and fully potty trained)
St. Leo the Great Preschool is dedicated to the growth and success of the whole child. Our primary objectives are:
- To promote a Christian attitude and basis for spiritual development.
- To provide an environment conducive to cognitive development.
- To encourage social interaction and peer relationships.
- To promote physical activity and exploration.
- To provide an atmosphere of acceptance and warmth for emotional growth.
For each child, we aim to provide a stimulating environment with encouraging, patient teachers in a positive relaxed atmosphere. The value of play as a medium to learn, experience, and succeed is emphasized. Children are encouraged to acquire knowledge through individual accomplishment, and group interaction, and to develop a love of learning. We believe children learn by doing. The preschool program strives to promote an attitude of warmth and acceptance whereby each child can develop his/her own individuality while acquiring self-worth within the group. Ours is a process versus product environment. What the child learns and experiences from doing the activity is much more important than the finished product.
Preschool Application Requirements
Preschool Delayed Openings/Early Dismissals
St Leo the Great Preschool follows Fairfax County Public Schools. If Fairfax County schools are closed, Saint Leo the Great Preschool will be closed. If Fairfax opens two hours late, we will meet as follows:
AM class: 9:40 am -11:40 am
PM class: 11:40 am – 2:55 pm
If there is an early dismissal due to inclement weather, please pick up your child promptly.
AFTERNOON PARENTS: If Fairfax announces an early closing because of weather and the children are not yet at school we will not have class. If a class has started, please come promptly to pick up your child